Difficulty Level: Easy
Recipe Id: ITA122
- 1 tblsp. oil for baking dish
- 2 large boiling potatoes; washed and quartered
- 1 small onion; peeled and cut into 1/4" thick strips
- 1 red bell pepper; seeded and cut into 1/4" thick strips
- 1 green bell pepper; seeded and cut into 1/4" thick strips
- 20 large basil leaves; sliced into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese; optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Oil a 9-inch-round, 2-inch-deep baking dish.
- Place potatoes in a 1-quart saucepan. Cover with water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 12 minutes.
- Remove from pan, cool, and slice into 1/4-inch-thick rounds.
- Heat olive oil in a 10-inch saute pan, and cook onion and peppers for 8 to 10 minutes over medium heat.
- Add potatoes and basil, and cook 1 minute more.
- Beat eggs with salt and pepper in a 3-quart bowl.
- Add onion-pepper-potato mixture.
- Mix well and pour into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle with cheese (if used), and bake until top is dry and lightly golden (45 to 50 minutes).
Yield: 6 servings.