Difficulty Level: Medium
Recipe Id: ITA113
- 6 ounces onions; chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 10 ounces arborio rice
- 16 saffron threads
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 2 quarts chicken stock
- 1 pinch salt; to taste
- 1 pinch black pepper; to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Sweat onions in oil until transparent.
- Add rice and cook 2 minutes.
- Add saffron and wine. Reduce by one-half over medium heat, about 15 minutes.
- Stirring constantly, add 1/2 cup stock at a time until it is absorbed.
- Cook 15 to 18 minutes until al dente.
- Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Remove from heat and vigorously stir in butter and Parmesan cheese.
- Serve hot.
Try this with braised lamb shank or osso buco