Difficulty Level: Easy
Recipe Id: ITA112
- 2 medium eggplants; peeled
- 18 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Peel eggplant and slice into 12 pieces, 1/4-inch thick.
- Slice from top to bottom.
- Lay slices on a paper towel and sprinkle salt on them to allow water to drain from the slices.
- In skillet, cook eggplant slices with olive oil.
- Lay on paper towel to let the oil drain.
- Roll 1-1/2 ounce of ricotta cheese in each slice.
- Pour tomato sauce in casserole and neatly place manicotti in rows on top of the sauce.
- Bake in oven at 400 degrees F until hot all the way through. Remove manicotti from pan onto serving dish.
- Put pan of tomato sauce on stove and add heavy cream until the sauce is pink.
- Simmer 2 or 3 minutes.
- Pour sauce over manicotti and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
A nice light vegetable alternative to pasta. Perfect for vegetarians.