|Spumone Di Zabaglione|
Difficulty Level: Easy
Recipe Id: ITA105
Spumone Di Zabaglione
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 cup marsala
- 3 tbsp. dark rum
- 1−1/2 cup heavy cream
- Separate the eggs and place the yolks in the top part of a double boiler.
- Place the whites in a stainless steel bowl at room temperature.
- Add sugar and nutmeg to eggs and beat, off the heat, until it forms ribbons.
- Add marsala and rum and place over double boiler.
- Beat until frothy and foamy and quite firm, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove to ice bath and cool while whisking.
- Beat the cream to soft peaks and fold egg mixture into whites.
- Place into ice cream machine and chill according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Place in freezer, well covered.
When ready to serve, scoop into balls and garnish with crushed amaretti cookies for a delicious dessert.