|Pane Giallo (Polenta Bread)|
Difficulty Level: Easy
Recipe Id: BREAD1001
Pane Giallo (Polenta Bread)
- 5 tablespoon unsalted bread
- 2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup polenta (coarse yellow corn
- 1 meal)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 eggs; separated
- 2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1 cup roasted red peppers; minced
- 1 olive oil
- In small skillet over moderatly low heat, melt 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Add garlic and saute until fragrant. remove from heat.
- Combine polenta, salt and pepper in a bowl and set aside.
- Put egg yolks, milk and half and half in a saucepan and wisk well.
- Bring to a boil, whisking constantly. add cornmeal mixture gradually, then add garlic and red peppers.
- Cook 2 minutes stirring constantly with wooden spoon.
- Add remaining butter and cook an additional 2 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 brush souffle dish or casserole with olive oil.
- Place dish in oven for 5 minutes to warm it.
- Beat egg whites with a pinch of salt until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold whites into thickened cornmeal.
- Pour mixture into hot souffle dish.
- Bake until puffed and golden about 30 minutes.