|Petti Di Pollo Al Cartoccio Agrodolce|
Difficulty Level: Medium
Recipe Id: ITA108
Petti Di Pollo Al Cartoccio Agrodolce
- 4 large chicken breasts; boned & skinned
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic; halved
- 4 bay leaves; preferably fresh
- 4 fresh ginger root; quarter-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 lemon; juice of
- 1 orange; juice of
- 1 pinch salt; to taste
- 1 pinch black pepper; to taste
- 1 24 X 17-inch sheet of Parchment Pap
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- Flour chicken breasts; set aside.
- In a 12-inch nonstick pan, heat olive oil over a medium-high heat source and sauté breasts with garlic, bay leaves, and ginger
- Cook until chicken is golden (about 2-1/2 minutes per side). Be careful not to burn the garlic. Remove breasts from pan and set aside.
- Add honey, vinegar, and wine to pan; reduce mixture by half.
- Add juices, salt, and pepper and reduce again by two-thirds. Discard garlic.
- Place parchment paper on a shallow roasting pan.
- Place breasts on one-half of paper.
- Add pine nuts and spoon sauce over breasts.
- Fold parchment paper over the top of the chicken.
- Crimp the edges together until you have an air-tight seal.
- Place in a 450-degree oven for 12 minutes.
- Remove promptly and serve, ensuring you distribute the sauce and pine nuts equally.
Recipe by: Chef Giovanni Leoni of Buca Giovanni, San Francisco