|Mussels In White Wine|
Difficulty Level: Easy
Recipe Id: USA1024
Mussels In White Wine
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
- 2 lb (or quarts) mussels, cleaned
- 1 tblsp. garlic, minced
- Put olive oil into a wide-bottomed pan that has a lid, and turn heat to medium.Add mussels.
- Cover while mussels steam for one minute or so, thenuncover and stir them.
- Remove any that have opened. Continue this until athe mussels have opened.
- Remove top shells and place mussels on a platter.
- Strain the liquid that the mussels have released into the pan throughly piece of cloth or paper towel to remove any sand.
- Clean out the pan and reheat liquid.
- Add wine, garlic and parsley.
- Stir over high heat until the mixture starts to thicken slightly, then spoon over mussels.
Makes 4 first-course servings.