|Garbanzos Con Chorizo|
Difficulty Level: Easy
Recipe Id: SPA1002
Garbanzos Con Chorizo
- 1 1/2 pounds chorizo; cut into 1/2" chunks
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 10 cloves garlic; chopped
- 3 medium onions; chopped
- 4 small fresh hot chiles; chopped
- 3 large tomatoes; chopped
- 2 stalks celery; chopped
- 2 tablespoon mixed herbs such as savory, thyme, rosemary, and oregano
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- salt to taste
- dried hot chiles; to taste
- 4 cups cooked chick-peas
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro; for garnish
- In a heavy skillet over medium heat, saute chorizos until well browned on all sides.
- Prick them several times to prevent bursting. When done, set aside.
- Add olive oil to pan and saute garlic and onions until translucent but not browned (2 to 3 minutes).
- Add remaining ingredients except chick-peas and cilantro and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until a thick sauce is formed (30 to 45 minutes).
- Add chorizo with garbanzos to sauce.
- Simmer for 5 minutes before transferring to a serving plate.
- Sprinkle with cilantro.
Yield: 6 servings