|Spicy Shrimp And Avocado Salsa|
Difficulty Level: Easy
Recipe Id: SPA1021
Spicy Shrimp And Avocado Salsa
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 4 roma tomatoes
- 6 tomatillos, husks removed
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 small white onion, peeled and quartered (6 oz)
- 2 jalapenos, stems removed
- 1 cup loose packed chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup tomato juice
- 2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 2 teaspoon maple syrup (real maple)
- 4 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 2 avocados, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 lb cooked shrimp, peeled and diced
- tortilla chips
- Remove stems from Bell peppers. Split peppers in half, lengthwise and lightly oil the skin.
- In an oven-proof pan, arrange peppers (skin-side up), tomatoes, tomatillos, garlic, onion and Jalapenos.
- Broil under high heat 10 to 15 minutes, or until skins of the peppers are charred and the tomatoes and tomatillos are blistered and soft. Allow vegetables to cool.
- Peel skin from peppers.
- In a food processor, combine broiled vegetables (including any liquid from the pan) with cilantro, tomato juice, salt, maple syrup and lime juice; blend to yield a coarse puree.
- Just before serving, add avocado and shrimp and mix well.
Serve with warm fried tortilla chips.