Difficulty Level: Easy
Recipe Id: SPA1007
- 3 ripe avocados
- 9 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 large tomato; cut into 1" cubes
- 1 large yellow onion; minced
- 1 celery stalk; minced
- 4 green onions; minced
- 1 bell pepper; seeded and minced
- 4 cloves garlic; finely minced
- 3 small fresh hot chilies; seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon finely minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- salt and cayenne or Tabasco; to taste
- Scoop the avocados into a bowl and mash thoroughly with a fork.
- Add the lime juice a bit at a time, tasting after each addition, and stir well.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and mix.
As a dip, serve with potato chips, tortilla chips, thin slices of French baguette, or fresh vegetables. A dollop is nice served alongside a tossed salad. Spoon it inside crisp tacos. A spoonful on top of an omelet or a burrito is a very welcome addition. Try serving a platter of alternate slices of avocado, tomato, and cucumber on a bed of romaine lettuce with guacamole spooned over the top and the whole sprinkled with pitted black olives.