|Chirmol Tomato Sauce|
Difficulty Level: Easy
Recipe Id: SAUCE110
Chirmol Tomato Sauce
- 3 large tomatoes
- 1 medium clove garlic
- 1/2 small onion
- 1/4 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- Peel, core, and chop the tomatoes and put them into a medium saucepan.
- Mince the garlic, peel and coarsely chop the onion, and add each to the saucepan, along with 1/4 teaspoon salt, red pepper flakes, and 1/4 cup water.
- Bring the liquid to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer, uncovered, until vegetables are cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer contents of saucepan to a food processor fitted with the metal blade, or to a blender, and purée.
- Return sauce to the saucepan and simmer until slightly thickened, about 10 minutes. (Can cover and refrigerate up to 2 days).
Yields: 1 1/2 cups