|Almond Red Sauce|
Difficulty Level: Easy
Recipe Id: SAUCE108
Almond Red Sauce
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon red chiles, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper, ground
- Place almonds in food processor workbowl fitted with steel blade or in a blender container; cover and process until finely ground.
- Cook onion and garlic in oil over medium heat, stirring frequently, until onion is tender.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except almonds. Heat to boiling and reduce heat. Simmer for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Stir in almonds. Serve hot.
Makes about 1-3/4 cups.