|Adobo (Mexican Smoked Chile Marinade)|
Difficulty Level: Easy
Recipe Id: SAUCE107
Adobo (Mexican Smoked Chile Marinade)
- 3 oranges
- 1 lime
- 2 to 3 canned chipotle chilies or to; taste
- 3 cloves garlic (1 t)
- 2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoon wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
This spicy marinade owes its unusual flavor to the chipotle, a smoked jalapeno chile. Chipotles are usually sold canned in tomato paste. Look for them at Mexican and Latin American markets. Adobo marinade goes particularly well with pork.
- Juice the oranges and lime. Finely chop chilies and garlic.
- Place citrus juices, chilies, garlic, oregano, cumin, black pepper, vinegar and salt in blender and puree until smooth.
Makes enough marinade for 1 1/2 to 2 pounds meat or chicken.