|Warm Lobster Taco With Yellow Tomato Salsa|
Difficulty Level: Medium
Recipe Id: SPA1023
Warm Lobster Taco With Yellow Tomato Salsa
- 4 whole lobsters (1 lb each)
- 3 tablespoon corn oil
- 6 whole flour tortillas, 7 inches each
- 1 cup jalapeno jack cheese, grated
- 1 cup spinach leaves, shredded
Yellow Tomato Salsa:
- 4 cup yellow cherry tomatoes or 1 lb yellow tomatoes
- 1 whole shallot, large, finely minced
- 1 whole garlic clove, finely minced
- 2 tablespoon fresh cilantro, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon champagne or white wine vinegar
- 2 whole serrano chilies, seeded and minced
- 2 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (if tomatoes aren't sweet)
To make Yellow Tomato Salsa
- in a food processor, using steel blade, process tomatoes until well chopped. Don't puree.
- Combine tomatoes and their juices with shallot, garlic, cilantro, vinegar, chilies, lime juice, salt, and mix well.
- Add maple syrup, if needed, to balance flavor and slightly sweeten.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until very cold.
To make taco
- fill large stock pot with lightly salted water and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add lobsters and cook for about 8 minutes or until just done.
- Drain and let lobsters cool slightly.
- Remove meat from lobster tails, careful not to tear it apart. Cut meat into thin medallions (or medium size dice, if meat breaks apart).
- Heat oil in medium saute pan, over medium heat and saute lobster medallions until just heated through.
- Spoon equal portions warm lobster medallions into center of each warm flour tortilla.
- Sprinkle each with equal portions of grated cheese and shredded spinach.
- Roll into cylinder shape and place each one on warm serving plate with the edge facing bottom.
- Surround the taco with Yellow Tomato Salsa.