|Bay Scallop Seviche|
Difficulty Level: Easy
Recipe Id: SPA1027
Bay Scallop Seviche
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 lb bay scallops
- 1 hot red chili pepper *
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 3 ripe plum tomatoes **
- 1 red pepper; seeded & chopped
- 3 scallions; chopped
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime; sliced, for garnish
*Note: Hot red chili pepper should be finely chopped.
** Plum tomatoes should be seeded and chopped.
- Stir the cumin into the lime and orange juices and pour over the scallops.
- Stir in the chopped chili pepper and red onion.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Just before serving, drain the scallops and mix with the chopped tomatoes, sweet pepper, scallions and cilantro.
- Garnish with the slices of lime.