|Avocado And Scallop Ceviche|
Difficulty Level: Easy
Recipe Id: SPA1014
Avocado And Scallop Ceviche
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoon peanut oil or:
- 1 vegetable oil
- 24 green peppercorns, crushed
- 1 salt to taste
- 1 black pepper to taste
- 3/4 lb sea or bay scallops,
- 1 finely chopped
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled
- 2 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped, or:
- 1 scallions, chopped
- 40 small white mushrooms
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 medium garlic clove, peel & crushed
- 1 salt & pepper to taste
- 1 additional chives
- 1 scallions
- Combine the lime juice, oil, peppercorns, salt and pepper together in a glass or ceramic bowl.
- Stir in the scallops, cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours while they marinate. They should become opaque in this time.
- Mash the avocado until almost smooth, then add it alonng with the cchives or scallions to the marinating scallops (do not drain them) and mix well. Set aside for at least 1/2 hour, refrigerated.
- About half an hour before serving the scallops, remove the stems from the mushrooms and wipe them to remove any dirt.
- Combine the vegetable oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl, and brush the insides of the mushrooms liberally with the mixture.
- Just before serving, drain the caps and fill with the scallop mixture.
- Garnish with additional chives, if desired.