|Potato Pancakes German Style|
Difficulty Level: Easy
Recipe Id: GER115
Potato Pancakes German Style
- 2 1/2 cups potatoes; (2 large)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 egg; large, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cup ; water
- 1 potato; boiled, mashed
- 2 tablespoon milk
- 1 vegetable oil; as needed
- Grate raw potatoes into water to which lemon juice has been added.
- Place potatoes in a strainer or cheese cloth and drain off liquid. Drain well.
- Beat raw and cooked potatoes with egg, milk, and salt to form a batter.
- Using 3 T oil for each batch, drop batter for 3 or 4 pancakes at a time in hot oil in a large frypan.
- When firm on the bottom side, loosen edges and turn. Brown on other side.
- Remove, drain on paper towel, and keep warm.
- Continue until all batter is used. Serve immediately.
If potato cakes are served with meat, sprinkle with salt. Sprinkle with sugar if served with applesauce.