|Bavarian Vanilla Cream|
Difficulty Level: Easy
Recipe Id: GER120
Bavarian Vanilla Cream
- 2 pkg gelatin; unflavored
- 9 tablespoon sugar
- 2 eggs; large, beaten
- 1 cup ice cream; vanilla
- 1 cup cream; heavy, whipped
- 1/2 cup ; water, cold
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cup milk; scalded
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Sprinkle gelatin over cold water to soften.
- Heat to dissolve gelatin completely.
- Mix together sugar and cornstarch.
- Add eggs; beat for 2 minutes.
- Slowly add warm milk, beating constantly.
- Pour into a 1-quart saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat until custard coats a spoon.
- Add gelatin and ice cream while custard is hot.
- Cool until slightly thickened.
- Add vanilla.
- Fold in whipped cream.
- Pour into a 1-quart mold.
- Chill until set.
Unmold carefully and serve with a garnish of fresh fruits.