Difficulty Level: Easy
Recipe Id: GER110
Kirsch-Schnitzel (Veal Cutlets With Cherry Sauce)
- 4 veal cutlets; lean, 6 oz. each
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper; white
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 2 tablespoon evaporated milk
- 16 oz cherries; tart, canned, drain
- Pat cutlets dry with paper towels.
- Heat oil in frypan and brown cutlets on each side approximately 3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove cutlets from pan and keep them warm.
- Blend wine and evaporated milk in a pan and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add cherries; heat through and adjust seasonings.
- Return cutlets to sauce and reheat, but DO NOT boil.
- Arrange cutlets on preheated platter, pouring cherry sauce around them.
- Garnish with parsley.