|Hasenpfeffer ver. 1|
Difficulty Level: Medium
Recipe Id: GER103
- 1 young rabbit
- 1/2 cup wine vinegar
- 2 centiliter garlic; sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoon salt; optional
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 slice bacon; diced
- 1 1/2 cup onions; sliced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 bottle dry red wine
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened chocolate; grated
- 24 pearl onions
- 1 french or italian bread; sliced and toasted
- Have the rabbit disjointed and cleaned.
- Pour boiling water over it, scrape, rinse, and dry.
- In a glass or pottery bowl combine the vinegar, garlic, bay leaf, salt (optional), pepper, and 4 tablespoons of the oil.
- Add the rabbit and marinate in the refrigerator for 48 hours. Drain.
- Put the bacon in a Dutch oven and cook until lightly browned.
- Add the sliced onions and cook until golden. Blend in flour and add rabbit.
- Cook 10 minutes turning the pieces several times.
- Add the wine, bring to a boil, and stir in the chocolate.
- Cover and cook over low heat 1-1/2 hours or until tender
- Add salt and pepper to taste after 1 hour.
- While the rabbit is cooking, saute the white onions in the remaining oil until golden.
- Arrange the rabbit on a hot platter with the sauteed onions and bread around it.
Serve with noodles.