Difficulty Level: Hard
Recipe Id: GER104
- 1 lb veal; cut in 4 thin slices
- 1 tablespoon mustard; dijon style
- 4 eggs; large, hard cooked
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper; white
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup beef bouillon; heated
- 2 tablespoon unbleached flour
- Dry veal on paper towels. Roll in a mixture of salt, sugar, white pepper, and mustard.
- Place a bacon slice on top of each piece of veal.
- Place an unsliced egg on top of the bacon.
- Rollup each slice of veal (jelly-roll fashion) and tie together with string.
- Heat oil in frypan and brown veal rolls well on all sides.
- Add onion; saute for 3 minutes. Add the hot bouillon; cover and simmer gently 25 minutes.
- Remove the veal from the pan.
- Remove the strings from the veal and keep veal warm on a serving platter.
- Add tomato paste to the pan drippings; stir. Thoroughly mix flour and red wine to remove all lumps.
- Add to sauce and cook until mixture thickens. Add warm veal rolls and heat through.
Before serving, place veal rolls on a platter, pour sauce over the rolls and serve with pureed potatoes.
Yield: 4 servings