|Hamburg Style Baked Oysters|
Difficulty Level: Easy
Recipe Id: GER123
Hamburg Style Baked Oysters
- 6 fresh oysters on the half shell
- 2 tablespoon butter; melted
- 1 salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon [heaping] bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese; grated
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon rind; grated
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Open oysters just before you prepare them. Remove oysters, drain them on paper towels, dip them in melted butter.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper, roll in mixture of bread crumbs, Parmesan and lemon rind.
- Put each oyster back on a shell and put on a dab of butter.
- Arrange them in a shallow baking dish.
- Place in a preheated 425 oven form 10 min. or until golden brown and crusty.
- Serve with additional Parmesan on the side, bread and butter and a glass of white wine.
From: The German Cookbook by Mimi Sheraton, 1965