|Fricassee of Rabbit|
Difficulty Level: Medium
Recipe Id: GER122
Fricassee of Rabbit
- 2 rabbits, about 3 pounds each, skinned and cut up (or similar amount of chicken)
- 4 egg yolks, beaten
- 2 cups bread crumbs
- 1/8 teaspoon mace
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup butter for frying
- 2 cups demi glace
- 1 cup red wine
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons each − butter and flour; mix well
- Rub the rabbit pieces with the egg yolks and roll in bread crumbs to which you have added the mace and nutmeg.
- Fry in a dutch oven until well browned.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir until thick.
- Cover and simmer until tender.