- 1 par baked Pie shell
- 12 slices of cooked, drained and crumbled bacon
- 1½ c. grated Swiss or gruyere cheese
- 5 lg. eggs
- 2 C. light cream or ½ & ½
- ¼ tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground white pepper
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
1. Heat the oven to 400°F. Perforate the pie shells with a fork, Bake for 5-7 minutes, cool on a baking rack.
2. Sprinkle half of the Swiss cheese in the shell then crumble the fried bacon over the cheese. Sprinkle remaining cheese evenly over the bacon.
3. Mix together egg mixture until well-blended and pour slowly over the bacon and cheese, taking care not to create bare spots.
4. Cover pie crust edges with a thin strip of foil.
5. Bake quiche at 400°F for 15 minutes.
6. Reduce heat to 350°F and bake for 20 minutes more.
7. Remove foil covering and bake 10 minutes more.
Quiches may be served as an appetizer or for the main course.