|Arctic Berry Chutney|
Difficulty Level: Medium
Recipe Id: SAUCE114
Arctic Berry Chutney
- 1/2 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 star anise
- 1 zest of 1 lime
- 1 shallot -- chopped
- 2 cloves garlic -- chopped
- 2 teaspoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoon lingonberries
- 1 tablespoon black currants
- 2 tablespoon dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoon blueberries
- 1 tablespoon diced dried apricots
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- In a large bowl, combine vinegar, sugar, curry, ginger, cinnamon stick, star anise and lime zest and mix well.
- Sweat shallots and garlic in a 12-inch skillet with canola oil for approximately 10 minutes.
- Add dry ingredients to pan and allow to caramelize.
- Stir in berries and dried apricots and continue cooking over medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Add orange juice and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove pan from the heat and stir in mustard.
Chutney can be stored in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.