Difficulty Level: Easy
Recipe Id: FRA109
- 1 pound Button or Crimini mushrooms; minced very fine
- 1/4 c. shallots; minced
- 1/2 c. white wine
- 1 tblsp. chopped thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 pinch salt; to taste
- 1 pinch white pepper; to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- To make Beurre Manie, rub 2 tablespoons butter and 2 tablespoons flour together in your hands to form small balls.
- Mince the mushrooms very fine.
- Combine all the ingredients, except the Beurre Manie, and boil until almost dry.
- Remove from heat and stir in the Beurre Manie to thicken the mixture.
WARNING: Do not allow the mixture to boil after you have added the Beurre Manie to it.
May be used for numerous meat, fish, poultry, vegetable, vegetarian, or appetizer preparations as a stuffing or garnish.