Difficulty Level: Easy
Recipe Id: FRA110
- 3 c Milk
- 1 c Cream, whipping
- 10 ea Egg yolks
- 1 c Sugar
- Bring milk and cream to boil in heavy saucepan.
- Beat egg yolks and sugar in mixer,until pale yellow and forms a ribbon when beaters are lifted, about 7 minutes.
- Slowly pour 1 cup of hot liquid into yolks, beating constantly.
- Transfer yolk mixture to milk and cream in saucepan and stir constantly over medium-low heat until it thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon. DO NOT BOIL.
- Strain into a large bowl set into a larger bvowl of ice water and cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least two hours.
May be used for dessert presentations or as an incorporated sauce (bread pudding).