|Baked Shrimp With Chili-Garlic Butter|
Difficulty Level: Easy
Recipe Id: USA1042
Baked Shrimp With Chili-Garlic Butter
- 1 1/2 lb raw shrimp in shells
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 8 cloves garlic -- finely chop
- 1 to 3 dried de arbol chilies coarsley crumbled*
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- salt to taste
- 1 green onion tops, slivered for garnish
*For milder flavor, seed some or all of the chilies. De Arbol chilies are usually sold in cellophane packages, along with other Mexican food specialties. They are a small, slender, almost needle-shaped chilie with smooth, bright red skin and a very hot flavor.
- Preheat oven to 400~.
- Shell and devein shrimp, leaving tails attached; rinse and drain well.
- Heat butter and oil in small skillet over medium heat until butter is melted and foamy.
- Add garlic, chilies, lime juice and salt. Cook and stir 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Arrange shrimp in even layer in shallow 2-quart gratin pan or baking dish.
- Pour hot butter mixture over shrimp.
- Bake shrimp 10 to 12 minutes until shrimp turn opaque, stirring once.
Do not overcook or shrimp will be dry and tough. Garnish if desired.