|Baked Scallops With Oyster Cracker Crumbs|
Difficulty Level: Easy
Recipe Id: USA1041
Baked Scallops With Oyster Cracker Crumbs
- 2 cloves garlic -- halved
- 1 italian parsley -- a handful
- 2 cup oyster crackers
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- grated orange peel of 1 orange
- salt to taste
- 1 freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 lb scallops
- 2 tablespoon olive oil -- for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 375F. Have on hand a 9x13" baking dish.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the garlic and parsley.
- Pulse until the mixture is coarsley chopped.
- Add the crackers and process again just until they are crushed.
- Add the paprika, orange rind, salt, and pepper and process just until thoroughly combined.
- Set the scallops in the baking dish. Sprinkle with the crumb mixture and drizzle with the oil.
- Bake 20 minutes or until they feel springy when pressed. Serve at once.
Recipe By : Sheryl Julian, Boston Globe Magazine, 11/96