|Asparagus And Crabmeat Salad|
Difficulty Level: Easy
Recipe Id: USA1046
Asparagus And Crabmeat Salad
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice - fresh
- 1 1/2 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoon shallot - minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb asparagus - trimmed
- 8 oz crabmeat - cooked
- 4 large boston lettuce leaves or butter lettuce leaves
- Whisk mayonnaise, lemon juice, tomato paste, shallot, Dijon mustard and pepper in medium bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to use. (Can be prepared 3 days ahead.)
- Cook asparagus in large pot of boiling salted wateruntil crisp-tender, about 4 minutes.
- Transfer to bowl of ice water and cool.
- Drain and pat dry. mix crabmeat into mayonnaise.
- Season to taste with salt. Arrange 1 lettuce leaf on each plate.
- Top with asparagus. Spoon crabmeat mayonnaise over and serve.
Bon Appetit, April, 1991.