|Corn And Crab Chowder|
Difficulty Level: Easy
Recipe Id: USA1043
Corn And Crab Chowder
- 4 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 3 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup lump crabmeat, about 4 ounces
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 poblano chili peppers, roasted and; diced
- 1 canned chipotle chili pepper, diced
- Melt 2 Tbsp. butter in a large saucepan.
- Add onion and garlic and cook over medium heat, stirring often until soft, 7 to 8 minutes.
- Transfer to a blender and add corn kernels, water and cornstarch. Blend until smooth.
- Melt remaining butter in same pan. Add puree, and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add milk and heat to a simmer.
- Cover partially and simmer 15 minutes, stirring often.
- Strain soup, pressing on solids to remove as mush liquid from the corn as possible.
- Return strained mixture to pan, and add crab, cream, poblano chilies, chipotle chili and salt.
- Heat to a simmer. Serve hot, garnished with thyme or cilantro.