|Watermelon Barbeque Sauce|
Difficulty Level: Easy
Recipe Id: BARS103
Watermelon Barbecue Sauce
- 1 − 6 Pound Seedless Watermelon chunked
- 8 Ounces Tomato Paste
- 1 Tablespoon Onion Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 2 Cups Firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 Cup Sherry
- 2 Teaspoons Lemon juice
- 1 Teaspoon Liquid smoke
1. Cut the melon into pieces and place in a saucepan.
2. Cook it uncovered over medium heat until the melon is the consistency of applesauce (approximately 2−3 hours). Stir it occasionally.
3. Add remaining ingredients. Simmer uncovered over low heat for 2 hours.
4. Allow to cool to room temperature before using.