|Chipotle Rubbed Cowboy Steak With Jalapeno Jelly|
Difficulty Level: Medium
Recipe Id: BARD105
Chipotle Rubbed Cowboy Steak With Jalapeno Jelly
- 8 cloves roasted garlic
- 6 tablespoon chipotle powder
- 6 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon coarse ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoon peanut oil
- 4 jalapeno peppers -- seeded and chopped
- 1 cup new mexican red peppers diced
- 2 cup cider vinegar
- 4 cup sugar
- 6 oz liquid pectin
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl to form a paste.
- In a heavy 2 quart sauce pan over high heat, combine the peppers, jalapenos, sugar and vinegar and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes. Be careful not to let the mixture boil over.
- Turn off the heat and add the pectin, slowly, mixing well.
- Turn the heat on again to high and cook until the mixture comes back to a boil.
- Then let cool.
- Rub paste over steak to thinly cover, refrigerate for at least 4 hours, tightly covered.
- Over hot heat, grill the steak for 10 minutes on one side and 8 minutes on the other.
- Slather jelly on meat and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
Recipe By : GRILLIN' & CHILLIN' SHOW #GR3625 Copyright, 1997, TV FOOD NETWORK, G.P., All Rights Reserved