Apple Smoked Barbecue Ribs
- 2 slabs baby back ribs, or spareribs
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Rub cinnamon, cloves and pepper into both sides of ribs. Place ribs on wire rack on baking pan.
2. Bake for 3 hours until tender.
3. Soak wood chips in water for 30 minutes. Prepare grill.
4. Place apple wood chips directly in the center of hot barbecue coals. Baste ribs and place on grill above wood chips. Cover, grill and cook for 10 minutes. Turn ribs, baste again and cook another 10 minutes or until ribs are browned but still moist.
- 2−15 oz. cans tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
1. Combine all ingredients except vinegar in saucepan. Simmer, covered, on low heat for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
2. Add vinegar to taste and simmer for another 15 minutes.
3. Chill at least 24 hours, or until ready to use.