Difficulty Level: Easy
Recipe Id: USA1026
- 2 eggs; beaten
- 2 tablespoon whipping cream
- 2 tablespoon milk
- 2 slice bread; torn up
- 1 tablespoon onion, dried minced
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoon horseradish, prepared
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, black
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard, dry
- 2 lb ground beef, lean
- 1/2 cup butter, sweet
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- Light a charcoal fire.
- Mix eggs with cream and milk, then add torn-up bread onion, salt, horse- radish, pepper, thyme, and dry mustard.
- Stir well, let stand for 10 minutes, then stir well again, until all is well moistened and the bread is no longer in pieces.
- Add ground beef and mix well.
- Melt butter with catsup and keep warm.
- Measure out beef in 1/2 cup increments and form patties.
- Grill over hot coals on one side.
- Turn and brush with butter-catsup mixture.
- Grill other side.
Serve on a fresh kaiser roll with choice of garnish.