|Baked Lobster Savannah|
Difficulty Level: Hard
Recipe Id: USA1000
Baked Lobster Savannah
- 2 ounces butter
- 2 cups mushrooms; sliced
- 1 cup bell peppers; diced
- 1 tablespoon Spanish paprika
- 1 1/2 cups sherry
- 1 dash salt; to taste
- 1 dash black pepper; to taste
- 4 cups Basic Bechemel Sauce; See Recipe
- 1/2 cup pimientos; diced
- 4 / 3-pound whole lobsters; boiled and cooled
- 4 teaspoons Parmesan cheese; grated
If you are using lobsters smaller than three pounds each, you will need enough smaller lobsters to produce a total of about 8 cups of meat after boiling and cooling.
- Heat butter to melting point in a large saucepan, add mushrooms and green pepper. Cook until tender.
- Add paprika and stir in sherry.
- Cook until liquid is reduced by half.
- Salt and pepper to taste; add cream sauce and pimientos and blend well. Bring to a simmer.
This can be done while vegetables are cooking.
- Remove claws and knuckles from lobster.
- Hold lobster with its top side up. With kitchen shears, cut an oval opening in top of shell from tip of tail to base of head.
- Remove meat from body, claws, and knuckles. Cut in a large dice.
Discard intestinal vein and stomach, a hard sac near the head, before dicing.
- Add meat to sauce and simmer slowly for 10 minutes.
- Divide mixture evenly and spoon back into lobster shell.
- Dust with grated parmesan cheese and brown in a 375-degree oven for 15 minutes.