|Côte De Veau Flambées À La Crème|
Difficulty Level: Medium
Recipe Id: FRA107
Côte De Veau Flambées À La Crème (Veal Chops In Cream)
- 4 veal loin chops
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons brandy; warmed
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1 teaspoon potato starch or cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 cup heavy cream
- In a heavy skillet heat together 1 1/2 tablespoons of butter and 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Wipe the chops dry and brown them in the fat, over a brisk fire, for about 3 minutes on each side; be careful not to burn the fat.
- Season the chops with salt and pepper
- Cover the skillet, lower the heat, and continue cooking for 15 to 20 minutes, or until tender.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of warmed brandy over the chops, set it ablaze, and shake the pan back and forth until the flame dies.
- Remove the chops to a hot serving dish and keep them warm.
- Add 1 or 2 tablespoons of white wine to the pan and stir in all the brown juices.
- Blend 1 teaspoon of potato starch with 1 tablespoon of cold water and stir in 1 cup of heavy cream.
- Add this to the pan, season the sauce, simmer it, stirring, until it is slightly thickened, and pour it over the chops.
Buttered egg noodles will be good with this.