Difficulty Level: EASY
Recipe Id: STK1000
Yield: 2 quarts
- 1 lb mire poix (carrot, onion, and celery)
- ¼ cup chopped fennel tops
- ½ bulb garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- ¼ tsp. black peppercorns
- ½ handful parsley stems
- ½ tblsp. dried thyme
1. Combine all ingredients, except herbs, and cook in pure olive oil until soft
2. Add herbs and cover with 2-½ quarts cold water
3. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 1 hour
4. Strain through a chinois (fine mesh sieve) and cool on ice.
Great base for vegetarian dishes; add your favorite meat, poultry, or seafood for a delicious soup or stew.