Difficulty Level: Easy
Recipe Id: STK1004
- 2 1/2 c Water, cold
- 1 md Onion, sliced
- 1 ea Carrot, sliced
- 1 ea Celery, stalk, sliced
- 1 ea Leek, (white part only), trimmed and sliced (opt)
- 3 ea Fennel, stalks, (opt)
- 1 ea Thyme, sprig, fresh, OR 1 tsp. Thyme, dried
- 2 ea Dill sprigs
- 1/2 ts Salt
- 4 ea Peppercorns, white
- Place water, onion, carrot, celery, leek, fennel, thyme, dill, salt and 4 peppercorns in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Strain, and reserve the liquid for poaching fish, shellfish, or other seafoods.